Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Utter Exhaustion

Well we are in week 7. The baby is supposedly the size of a blueberry this week. Last week it was a nail head and this week a blueberry. I peeked ahead in my book and next week it is a raspberry. Its nice to have these little visuals to think of the baby as. This little blueberry is still kicking my ass in terms of keeping me tired. I am not a napper. I never have been. I hate taking naps. And I now take a lot of naps. I took a nap on Saturday and then again yesterday. Yesterday was bad. We got up at 8 and had breakfast with Mike's grandma and I was back in bed at noon. Mike woke me up at 1:00 and we went outside and gave the dogs a bath and I was ready to go back to bed. I stayed awake but all we ended up doing was sitting downstairs and doing nothing. We should have used the extra day off to get working on the house but I was just so tired it made me not want to do anything. Mike tried to get me to do something but I just couldn't get off the chair so finally he just joined me on the couch. :) And then of course I got a second wind about 9:00. :P But Mike made light outs at 10:00 and I slept hard. I only got up once to pee (usually I've been getting up 2 times) and I overslept ALL the alarms and woke up at 6:30. FANTASTIC. I have to leave for work at 7:00. But I was still too tired to be crabby about it. I put on my workout capris and a crap long sleeve t-shirt and Mike was like "what are you wearing?" and I just feel too tired to try to find something cute for today. My work is flexible and I'll stay in my office most of the day so it works. I've heard the tired feeling dissapates in the second trimester. I sure hope so. I hate not having much energy and just being so tired. I guess it is a good thing tho because its a sign that my body is hard at work providing for this little blueberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I am a mom, wife and I work full time outside the home, trying to find the balance in it all.