Monday, January 4, 2010

23 Week Update & Baby Brain

Today we had our 23 week check up. Somehow I am always ahead one week in my appointments, but that is fine with me. :) My primary OB had not gotten the images and recommendations from the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Center regarding the two vessel cord. So he was a little upset. First he said he would have them fax them over and we would talk about it at the next 4 week appointment. Then I mentioned something about how the Dr at MFM recommended a fetal echo. So then my primary Dr got a little peeved and told us he would have that info faxed over right away because this is the time we would need to do the fetal echo. . .between 22 and 23 weeks. Well here I am! So what was supposed to be a simple check in appointment became a quite lengthy one but we were glad because the primary Dr does want to go ahead and have us go back to the MFM Center and have the fetal echo done. Which apparently is another more advanced ultrasound of the baby's heart. There is a small chance of cardiac problems for the baby due to the two vessel cord so they just want to take a look and make sure everything is OK. So he has to fax the referral back over to MFM and then I have to wait for them to call and then we will get in and get that appointment. The one nice thing about all of this is that we get a lot of extra ultrasounds. :) I will have another "growth check" ultrasound at my next 4 week appt in Feb. and also will be taking the diabetes test. I have now gained the 35lbs they recommend you gain in your whole pregnancy during my first 6 months. Boo. So we shall see how that pans out. :P The baby moves around all the time. It is quite an amazing feeling. I have been feeling a little bad for Mike because every time I get some pretty strong jabs or kicks, I have him rush over so he can try to feel it and the baby stops moving every time. Mike has tried to talk to him and poke and push on him to get him to move and he just won't do it when Mike has his hand on my belly. :) I think he is going to be a little stinker. So I just keep telling Mike that one of these times he will be able to feel him, we just have to keep trying. But the baby is quite active. My favorite is sitting a little forward in my chair at work at my desk and he moves all over the place. Its like I can smush him just right so I can feel every little movement. :) I still have not felt hiccups yet. Looking forward to that. The "baby brain" is getting really bad. Really bad. I just asked Mike to get me a pop out of the TV. He asked me what? And I said "get me a pop from where the pop comes from". LOL!!! The other night they showed the windchill in Faribault on the weather and I got up and pointed to the TV and said "Wow we have the same windchill as Farmington!!" and Mike asked me to point again to Farmington and I pointed right to Faribault and said "see we are close to Farmington". Sheesh!!! It is really bad. It makes us laugh but I know Mike misses my regular brain. The other night I told him this is what it would have been like had he married a ditz and he said "Well I wouldn't have known it could be any better. I know what you are like normal and I like that the best!" I thought that was kind of cute. We are pretty excited that the baby will be here in about 4 months. It seems like there are babies everywhere!!! I know two making their debut in January, mine in Aprilish, then another two in May, another two in July and I think that's it!! Seems like quite the baby boom for 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I am a mom, wife and I work full time outside the home, trying to find the balance in it all.