Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pregnancy Feet & A Proud Dad to Be

Well it is official. I am pregnant. Which has been common knowledge for the last 8 or so months, but I feel like it is finally official. My belly button never "popped out" and I don't think it is going to, which I felt like was the badge of pregnancy. The other badge is the swollen feet and cankles. Which I know have. If this was the dead of summer I would quite literally be "barefoot and pregnant". I bought 4 new pairs of flats last weekend and on Tuesday I could not wear two of them. I was at DSW for 2 hours and tried on these 4 pairs of shoes multiple times in different sizes to make sure they would fit, and they did, and now two of them do not at all. Figures. I was starting to think that I would escape the swollen feet, but I shouldn't have thought I would be so lucky. So my feet and ankles just looked like giant puffy things at the end of my legs for three days this week. I did manage to get a foot rub out of the deal tho which wasn't half bad. :) With today being Saturday, and not having done much or gone anywhere, my feet feel pretty good today. One of my friends told me that the swollen and puffy feet are a sign that your body is getting ready for birth so she is convinced that I will deliver early, which I would have to say would be fine with me. :) Mike is currently on a mission. A room re-decorating project. When we found out we were having a boy, we figued my brother's old room would be the baby's room. (We live in the house I grew up in.) This was the perfect room, deep blue carpet and some plaid wallpaper on the bottom of the walls, cream colored paint above and a border with the continents on it. Not exactly baby but definitely boy. Well we started cleaning it out, it was serving as an office so to speak that we were rarely in, and we discovered the cat had used it as his personal pee pad. So the carpet was going to have to go. Ok no big deal, we began the hunt for a nuetral colored carpet so we could keep the walls in tact. Mike found the perfect carpet and we couldn't argue with the price. . .but it was light blue. . .not exactly what I had in mind being that the wallpaper had darker colors in it, but he was dead set on it, so we got it. Got it home and it was not going to look good. It took getting an outside opinion from one of our friends to make him see that. So the quest for new wallpaper began. This little boy better love sports is all I have to say. And with me and Mike's parents being so into the Vikings and even Mike himself now, that should not be hard to accomplish. :) We had already received a sports themed bedding set so needed some wallpaper to go along with that and after searching many stores, finally found it at Hirschfield's. I was a little leary because it was so expensive and neither one of us had ever done wallpaper before but Mike insisted, this was something he really wanted to do, so I said Ok. So Mike finished cleaning out the rest of the room this week, re-painted on Friday and started taking the old wallpaper down and ripped out the old carpet. When he took down the old wallpaper that my Mom had put up, he paid attention to how she had done it and then had no problems putting up the new stuff. It was kind of cool, it was like Mom taught him how do it without really being here to tell him. She is here in the house, there is no doubt, and she still continues to teach us both. It will be hard to leave this house when that time comes, but that is years away still. Anyway, he started and completed the wallpaper border today and it looks awesome. For the last few hours he has been working on the bottom half of the wall with the paper. I haven't been up there to see what it looks like, I'm sitting down here with the doggies. The border looks awesome, I sat in there and chatted with him while he did that. I think he wants to finish the wallpaper tonight and then put in the carpet tomorrow which would be awesome because then all the baby stuff we have accumulated in the living room could actually go into his room. I just want to get organized, we have a big to do list still and most of the list are tasks that I will not be able to do, much less help much with. I don't think he minds at all which is nice but I still feel bad I can't help. The last thing we need to do upstairs is paint our bedroom, shampoo the carpet and re-arrange and then we can work on the last section of the basement. This baby has really pushed us to do a lot of things that we have been putting off for some time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I am a mom, wife and I work full time outside the home, trying to find the balance in it all.